Thursday, September 8, 2011

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's been such a busy day here at our house. I went to town, and bought 6 new-to-me Kawaii diapers, and began a new project called "Cloth for a Cause". It's a cloth diaper network. I'm hoping to provide low income families with free cloth diapers. We've already had people interested in donating diapers! I've been buying diapers out of pocket and giving them away for awhile now so it's going to be nice to have some help. 
We also got a hedgehog named Lilly not long ago. She's really not very friendly. She bite a lot when we first got her but she's coming around. It'll get better, the more love and time we give her. She's actually sleeping in my lap right now, and Luca's snoozing beside me. Well I'm going to join them in dreamland. 


Goodnight, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Just something I wanted to share.
    Just sitting here thinking again.I was watching the news tonight and there was a story on some woman in some city rummaging around in some bags someone left at the salvation army thirft store.The reporters and such were saying how she is a criminal taking from the poor.I looked at this lady and thought ... what kind of a society do we live in that a woman has to do this.Maybe she had no clothes for herself and/or her children and she couldn't afford to go to the thirft store when it was open to buy these items so she did the next best thing.Was it stealing ... i think not.No one asked her why she was doing this nope they just judged her right then and there.I think I would do the same thing if I had nothing and no money to buy them.It reminded me of myself back in Fredericton .NB in 1979 & 1980.I had left a very abusive husband with my 3 yr old daughter.My mom paid my rent for a couple of mths. but I had no food.So I started scouting out the newspaper for a job and a sitter.Then my eye caught the obits.Hmmm now there is an idea to survive.My daughter and I went to alot of funerals and alot of those furnerals had nice luncheons afterward at halls , people's homes or where ever.I dressed us in clothes I borrowed off people's clotheslines in my area.I always returned the items back to thier clotheslines so I can't say it was stealing.We would go and I'd pretend to have known that person I always picked really old people since they usually had little family members or none at all in which case the pastor always took us home and gave us a lunch.Just a stupid thing I did to survive.So would you say that I stole food and the clothes or would you say I was surviving.I'd do it again if I had to.And thank-you to all those people who died without you I may not be here today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...